Information on the Current Version Plugin Yahoo Application State Plugin
The current version plugin Yahoo Application State plugin was an application from Yahoo that allowed you to sync your Yahoo services, such as Mail and Messenger. This plugin made it easy to keep track of your email and chat with friends on Messenger.
Mozilla blocked older versions of the Yahoo Application State plugin because it caused SeaMonkey and Firefox to crash. If you’re using any of the versions listed below, this plugin has been disabled and blocked from Firefox:
- SeaMonkey 126.96.36.199 and later
- Firefox 3 and later
The add-on will be automatically disabled on your browser if you’re running an older version of the plugin, so you won’t be able to use the email or chat functionality.
Installing the Updated Plugin
The good news is that Yahoo has updated its plugin since Mozilla blocked the original. Downloading the newest version of the plugin will allow you to use the Messenger and Mail functionality once again.
The simplest and easiest way to do this is to either install Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar. Now, when you install the Toolbar or Messenger, you will have the option to not install the plugin. However, if you would like to use Messenger or Mail in your Firefox browser, you should choose to install the plugin.
Troubleshooting Plugin Problems
If you’re having issues with the plugin, or Firefox says that the plugin has been disabled, there are a few things you can do to try and remedy the problem.
- Make sure that your browser is updated to the latest version.
- Know that Firefox is known to have issues with this plugin, but if you have the latest version of Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar, it should be compatible with Firefox 3 or later.
- Uninstall Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar, download the latest version from Yahoo, and re-install the application.
Updating to the latest version of your browser or re-installing either application should fix any issues you might be having with the plugin.
Removing the Current Version Plugin Yahoo Application State Plugin
Want to remove the plugin altogether? If it’s crashing your browser or causing performance issues, the Yahoo Application State plugin is very easy to uninstall.
You can start by disabling the add-on through Firefox. This is done by:
- Clicking the button with the three horizontal lines on the top right side of the browser.
- Clicking the Plugins button.
- Selecting “Never Activate” from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the page.
Another way to remove the plugin is to simply uninstall Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar. This can be done by:
- Going to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
- Finding Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar on the program list.
- Right-clicking the program name and choosing “Uninstall”.
- Following the prompts to complete the removal process.
Once the program has been completely uninstalled, the plugin should be removed. If you want to use it again in the future, simply download and install the latest version of Messenger or Toolbar from Yahoo’s website.
Remember, older versions of the current version plugin Yahoo Application State plugin have been blocked by Mozilla. If you still want to use the plugin, you’ll need to install the latest version of Yahoo Messenger or Toolbar.